Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Soldier


The heat of battle rages
Around me death and confusion
These are my only companions
My heart beats wildly as I choke on my fear
Explosions crys of pain and anguish
The ground runs red with the blood of the fallen
The innocent the guilty none are spared on this day
I find the courage to push forward
Stepping on those that went before me
The battle is everywhere
No where to run no where to hide
Charging into the valley of death I scream in defiance
Plunging my bayonet into my foe
His lifeless body falls at my feet
The day is ours the battle is won
AS I look down at my fallen enemy
I ask myself why
Power Glory Fame or Fortune
As a tear runs down my face
The answer comes to me
We fight because we have to
We fight so others may LIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search